Meet Me in Morristown returns for Spring/Summer 2018!
Meet Me in Morristown 2018 will take place on the last Thursdays of May (31st), June (28th), July (26th), and August (30th). Artists set up from 4:00 – 5:00 pm. The event begins at 5:00 pm and ends at 9:00 pm.
We are looking for visual artists, musicians and performing artists to participate in
Meet Me in Morristown 2018!
With your participation, Meet Me in Morristown will continue to transform the downtown area of Morristown into a center for art, music and fun on the last Thursdays of the month of May, June, July and August for it’s FIFTH YEAR! Visual artists set up tables to showcase and sell their art, musicians dot the downtown, street performers engage audiences and Morristown businesses operate sidewalk sales and demonstrations. This is a transformative experience for both the participants and the attendees and we are certain that this year we will have even larger numbers coming into town for the event.
Artists – please note the Meet Me in Morristown participant guidelines:
• NO promotion or participation by retail businesses that are not members of Morristown Partnership
– or – business that are located outside of Morristown.
• Please NO resale items. The event is limited to original artwork, music and performance art.
Commercial art and reproduced art is not permitted.
• No food or food products.
• Participants are responsible for all set up and break down. We do not provide chairs, tables or racks.
• You can use up to 3ft in depth, and 6-10 ft. in length, ensuring pedestrian access to the sidewalk at all times.
• Absolutely NO electricity is provided. Sidewalk musicians are required to play acoustically.
You must set-up in the space designated by event organizers.
To begin the application process, please email the following:
1. Brief artist bio or summary of your art
2. Photo or video examples of your art – especially those you want to display
3. Artist website (if applicable)
4. Dates you are interested in participating (May, June, July and/or August)
to Kaity De Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration for MMIM requires a $20 participation fee (per event)
Morristown will be joining some of the country’s most livable towns by using arts and culture to promote and strengthen our downtown economy. By combining our business and arts communities, Meet Me in Morristown will promote our downtown area and encourage more people to come to shop and dine.
Musician line-up for The Morristown Green Summer 2018: