Morris Arts is hiring a Director of Marketing / Communications and Engagement.
Join our team and help us create more livable, vibrant and sustainable communities through the arts. The position is responsible for communicating the brand and vision for Morris Arts through planning, development and implementation of all marketing, communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. The ideal candidate is a creative risk-taker who understands and uses data to inform decision-making, and finds new ways to engage diverse audiences. This position is a one-person department that requires someone who can multi-task effectively and gracefully with a sense of humor and respect for teamwork.
Responsibilities include: Marketing and Communications (40%), Graphic Design (25%), Social Media (20%), Digital Content Generation (15%)
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the successful design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities, preferably in the not-for-profit sector.
- Strategic and analytical thinking.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Experience in graphic design and production of print materials and publications.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office, WordPress, and graphics programs such as Canva, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Pages, and Publisher.
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team.
Salary is $55K for approximately 40 hours per week. Position is exempt, and eligible for medical benefits. Morris Arts offers a flexible schedule, a beautiful work environment in Morristown and generous paid time off (including the two weeks between the holidays at the end of December).
Morris Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome employees and prospective employees without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or veteran status.
To apply: View complete job description and submit a cover letter and resume to Tom Werder, Executive Director by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Marketing Director. No phone calls, please. There is no deadline for applications, you are encouraged to apply right away.